How can we help you?

We’re simply passionate about helping people and the world of immigration. So if you have questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

What to do if you are stopped by ICE

Contact Us

How we've helped other clients

A native of Mexico, Mr. H is a qualified French chef who hired our Law Offices to help him obtain a green card so that he could work in the U.S. legally at a Los Angeles area French restaurant. We filed his Labor Certification petition and after this was approved we successfully filed for his green card application.

Read more A Green Card Interview at USCIS &; Interview Updates

Mr. R., a native of Belize and a U.S. citizen, had his first green card application denied when he had used a ‘notario’ or immigration consultant. After this, when Mr. R hired our law office for help our goal was to provide him with a fast, and successful process. In addition to taking care of all the problems which had led to his previous denial, we provided Mr. R with periodic updates regarding his daughter’s petition and addressed any questions or concerns that he had along the way. Eventually, Mr. R’s family visa petition was approved and his daughter was able to enter the U.S. legally as a legal permanent resident.

See Green Cards

Ms. M had not filed her two minor sons’ I-751 petitions to Remove the Conditions of Residence before their legal residency cards (‘green cards’) expiration date. After she noticed that their green cards had expired, she contacted our law office to seek help for she was concerned that the USCIS would deport her children back to their native Philippines where they did not have anyone to care for them. After a thorough analysis of her case, we filed an I-751 petition with the USCIS with strong legal arguments in support of her sons’ late applications and good supporting documents. Their application was approved after a few months and the children were able to get their permanent green cards.

Ms. M. a native of Ethiopia and our client, had been waiting patiently for years for the moment she could file for her green card because of the family visa petition filed by her U.S. citizen brother. As the sister of a U.S. citizen, Ms. M. had an average of a ten year wait on the USCIS waiting list. When our law office conducted a routine case status inquiry with the USCIS, they informed us that Ms. M’s file had been lost, and that there was nothing that they could do.

Ms. Emenike and our legal team spent many hours over the next several months communicating with and urging the CIS officers to not abandon our client’s case as it would be unfair to make her to start the whole process again when her file had been lost by the USCIS themselves!

After much persistence, we finally succeeded in persuading the CIS to approve our Motion To Re-open Ms. M’s case and reconstruct her lost USCIS file. After many phone calls, online inquiries and personal trips to the USCIS Los Angeles District Office, the USCIS finally reviewed and approved Ms. M’s family visa petition. Ms. M. has since become a legal permanent resident of the U.S. This was a very satisfying outcome for us.

Read more Green Cards

Read more A Green Card Interview at USCIS & 2024 Interview Updates

U Visa Petition Approved for Mother and daughter. We filed a U visa application for a client who had been a robbery victim. We also included her daughter who was under 21 years old at the time. Although the immigration service takes a long time to process these visas, we did not give up. After carefully preparing and filing a strong application, we kept sending the US Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) inquiries until they approved the U visa petition for both mother and daughter. Our clients were delighted.

One advantage of this visa is that certain people with U visas may apply for legal permanent residence or a green card after they have had the U visa status for three years.

Read More U Visas

Mr. A, a U.S. Legal Permanent Resident was in deportation proceedings and in danger of being deported to his native Costa Rica, because of an earlier criminal conviction when he came to us for help. Ms. Emenike filed a section 212 (c) waiver to stop his deportation from the U.S. and successfully proved to the immigration judge that he was a suitable person for the waiver. After his criminal waiver was approved and his deportation case closed, we later helped him become a U.S. citizen.

See Deportation defense

Ms. S., a Japanese national, was married to a U.S. citizen, and had filed for a divorce because she was a victim of domestic violence. She did not have a green card and she wanted to continue to live in the U.S. with her children. We filed a VAWA petition (Violence Against Women Act) which was approved in 18 months and so she was able to live in the U.S. legally with her U.S. citizen children. We then filed for her green card and Ms. S now lives here legally and safely.
Mrs. P, a single mother was afraid she was going to be deported along with her three young daughters because they were all in deportation proceedings in immigration court. Using an interpreter, we explained the court process to her and what she could expect during the deportation hearings. We also helped her to find and organize enough documents to show the immigration judge that their deportation from the U.S. would cause extreme and unusual hardship to her other U.S. citizen family members who could not move to Mexico with Mrs. P. We were all very happy when the immigration judge approved her family’s Cancellation of Removal for Non Legal Permanent Residents application. The turn-around time for Mrs. P’s deportation hearing was about two years. After this, we applied for the family’s green cards and guided them through the entire process and interviews so they received their green cards in less than a year.

Mr. K is a British citizen who wanted to join his company’s new office in Los Angeles, California, but he did not have a valid visa to work in the U.S. After we reviewed his work history we determined that of all the temporary visas available to him, he was best suited for an H-1b visa. Our law office applied for an H-1b visa petition on his behalf to establish that the fairly new U.S. business entity was a qualified H1-B petitioner and that Mr. K was a qualified employee with the appropriate skills and education for the position. Mr. K’s H-1B petition was granted quickly allowing him to continue his with his career here.

Read more Visas


Mr. E. is a Permanent Resident, who is detained at the airport and then referred to the Deferred Inspection Unit to see if he should be placed in Removal Proceedings.

How We Helped Our Client

Our Law Offices assisted Mr. E. by reviewing his case and records to research whether his previous conviction should really cause him to be removed from the U.S. Ms. Emenike attended his Deferred Inspection appointment with him to discuss his case personally with the Immigration Officer and was able to prove to the USCIS that based on their regulations and the law he should not be deported or removed from the U.S.


The immigration officer agreed and Mr. E. was allowed to keep his green card or U.S. Legal Permanent Residency status. Mr. E. later told us that knowing that we were there to speak on his behalf to the immigration service helped him sleep a lot better at night until his case was completed.

Comment: Our client came to us quickly and as a result we could stop him from being put into deportation proceedings. Sometimes people usually wait before they seek help from a lawyer and by that time their case has become more complicated and expensive. Here Mr. E saved himself a lot of money and sleepless nights by speaking to an experienced immigration attorney quickly. 

Mr. K wanted to change from his F-1 student visa to become a track and field athlete. We reviewed his case to see if he had the appropriate track and field athletic skills and qualifications, then we assisted with his P-1 visa application by guiding him through the necessary pre-filing steps and preparing the supporting documentation. Mr. K’s P-1 visa application was approved within 4 months and he now trains as an athlete in the U.S.

Problem: Our client has not had a legal immigration status for over 20 years.

Solution: Take care of any problems, then file an Adjustment of Status Petition 

After reviewing his case and history, we prepared his immigration case to take care of any potential problems. Then we filed a form I-485 Adjustment of Status petition based on his marriage to a US citizen. He received his work permit after 3 months and his interview appointment after 5 months from filing. We reviewed his supporting documents, prepared him and his wife for the green card interview and attended it with him. His permanent residency application was approved one week after his interview, and he received his green card in the mail.

Read More: A Green Card Interview at USCIS & Interview Updates


Our client, a legal permanent resident wants to become a US citizen. The problem is that she does not speak English and the ability to speak English is a requirement for naturalization as a US citizenship.


We reviewed her immigration history and background to see if we can help. We discover that she has been a permanent resident for 20 years and is over 50 years of age. As a result of this, she is exempt from the English language requirement.

Our immigration lawyer prepared and filed her US citizenship application with the immigration service.

To prepare her for the interview, we held practice interviews and discussed any possible areas of concern. Our immigration attorney also went to her citizenship interview to see that it is conducted fairly and to help her feel confident. The interview is held in her native Spanish language, her petition was approved, and she was sworn in as a US citizen the same day. It was truly a special day for us to see the end of her immigration journey.

See A Citizenship Interview at USCIS  Citizenship Updates

See Citizenship

Our client who had entered and lived in the US without permission needs a green card to live here legally with his US citizen wife and children.

Problem – his illegal entry and stay in the US prevents him from getting a green card in America even if he has a US citizen spouse.

1) He can only get a green card at a US Consulate abroad. This is called Consular Processing.

2) However, if he travels abroad to a US Consulate, he will face a ten-year ban from the US.

Solution – We identify the problem and tackle it by applying for the right waiver.

We applied for a provisional waiver with the US Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) showing the hardship his US citizen wife would suffer because of the ban

In addition, we encouraged the USCIS to waive the ten-year Unlawful Presence bar when he travels abroad for his green card.

Our client was delighted when our waiver application was approved. This means that he can now travel to get his green card without being separated from his family and job for many years.

Read More The 3 and 10 Year Bars


The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation. We invite you to contact us and welcome your calls and electronic mail. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.

En Español »