U Visas

For Victims of Crime

Schedule Your Appointment Today

Office Hours 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM (PST)

We will support you

U Visas For Crime Victims​

You can file a U visa application if you are a victim of a serious crime listed by the immigration service. Also, you must have suffered substantial physical or mental abuse and have assisted or are willing to assist law enforcement in the investigation or prosecution of the crime.

Benefits Of Having A U Visa​

  • You can temporarily live and work in the U.S. legally for up to four years initially with a U visa. You can also renew your U visa.
  • With a U visa you can obtain an employment authorization card EAD
  • You may apply for a green card after three years in a U visa status, if you qualify
  • It is possible to obtain a U visa even after deportation or removal. Depending on your case, after approval of the U visa you may need to file a Motion To Re-open Removal Proceedings, or for a Stay of Removal.
  • You can file for a U visa for your qualified family members. Crime victims under 21 years of age can petition for U visas for their spouse, parent, child or unmarried sibling under the age of 18 years. Crime victims 21 years or over can petition for their spouse or child.


You may be eligible to file for a U visa if you suffered from substantial physical and mental harm for any of the following crimes:

  • Abduction
  • Abusive Sexual Contact
  • Blackmail
  • Domestic Violence
  • Extortion
  • False Imprisonment
  • Female Genital Mutilation
  • Felonious Assault
  • Fraud in Foreign Labor Contracting
  • Hostage
  • Incest
  • Involuntary Servitude
  • Kidnapping
  • Manslaughter
  • Murder
  • Obstruction of Justice
  • Peonage
  • Perjury
  • Prostitution
  • Rape
  • Sexual Assault
  • Sexual Exploitation
  • Slave Trade
  • Stalking
  • Torture
  • Trafficking
  • Witness Tampering
  • Unlawful Criminal Restraint
  • Other Related Crimes*†

*Includes any similar activity where the elements of the crime are substantially similar.

†Also includes attempt, conspiracy, or solicitation to commit any of the above and other related crimes.

At our law office, we have helped crime victims stay in the US with a U visa. We offer reasonable payment plans and try our absolute best to get every application approved. Please contact us now for an appointment (626) 256-8500.

Let's talk

If you want to discuss your immigration questions or concerns, please contact us for an appointment.

Our Experience

At our immigration law office, we know that a person’s immigration situation can also affect their whole family and that each person’s case is different. So we work to understand our client’s particular problem and work with them to find out the best way to defend them in the immigration courts by reviewing their case to see if there are any waivers or pardons that can help them to remain in the U.S. legally.

Where we find a waiver or application that can help, we prepare all the necessary paperwork and documents, and file them with the immigration court and government agencies. We also help to prepare our clients for the hearings and attend them with them so that they can understand what is happening in their case, answer their questions and keep them up to date with the complex immigration and court requirements. We have significant experience in handling Removal Proceedings and a high success rate.

Contact us today if you need to stop deportation or removal from the U.S. It is important to get help from an experienced immigration attorney who understands your situation and is well experienced with the immigration court system. If you have questions about your case or need help with your deportation defense, please contact our law offices to speak to our attorney.

Our Process

Our goal is to work with you to solve potential problems and avoid unnecessary delay or denial. We evaluate your immigration history and background and whether you qualify to apply. With our experience we know the ever-changing laws and how best to present your case at a reasonable cost.

How we've Helped clients

A native of Mexico, Mr. H is a qualified French chef who hired our Law Offices to help him obtain a green card so that he could work in the U.S. legally at a Los Angeles area French restaurant. We filed his Labor Certification petition and after this was approved we successfully filed for his green card application.

Mr. R., a native of Belize and a U.S. citizen, had his first green card application denied when he had used a ‘notario’ or immigration consultant. After this, when Mr. R hired our law office for help our goal was to provide him with a fast, and successful process. In addition to taking care of all the problems which had led to his previous denial, we provided Mr. R with periodic updates regarding his daughter’s petition and addressed any questions or concerns that he had along the way. Eventually, Mr. R’s family visa petition was approved and his daughter was able to enter the U.S. legally as a legal permanent resident.
Ms. M had not filed her two minor sons’ I-751 petitions to Remove the Conditions of Residence before their legal residency cards (‘green cards’) expiration date. After she noticed that their green cards had expired, she contacted our law office to seek help for she was concerned that the USCIS would deport her children back to their native Philippines where they did not have anyone to care for them. After a thorough analysis of her case, we filed an I-751 petition with the USCIS with strong legal arguments in support of her sons’ late applications and good supporting documents. Their application was approved after a few months and the children were able to get their permanent green cards.

4 Useful Tips for Your Immigration Waiver

Here are 4 useful waiver tips to improve your green card or citizenship immigration success rate and avoid delays. If you are applying for an immigrant
Read More →

How to Get Temporary Proof Of Your Legal Residency

Here is a summary of how to get temporary proof of your legal residency status from the US Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS). 1. How
Read More →
En Español »